Thursday, September 15, 2011

Summer Cries Uncle

I’m so glad that Fall is here.  Choir for me is in full swing, and all our activities and preschool have begun, except for two straggler classes (Art for Ellen and ECFE for Cecilia, both of which start next week).  We enjoy having legitimate reasons to leave the house. 

Here is Ellen on her first day of preschool.  I don’t know which face is more classic, so I’m including both of these shots.  She was excited. 





















I think she looks sort of stereotypically butch, in the most adorable and hilarious of ways, what with her jorts (that is, jean shorts, though I guess technically they’re capris), oversize t-shirt, sneakers, and short hair which, by the way, she has decided she would like to grow out again.  (“Mom, I’m done bein’ like Auntie.”)  She came running out of preschool on the second day with an art project which she offered to me, saying, “Here ya go Mom, I made it just for you.  I knew you’d like the glitter.”  She was right.  Mrs. Gallagher’s words to me were, “She’s such a happy kid,” which is something I always love to hear (what Mom doesn’t?). 
Cecilia is a happy kid as well, though slightly more dramatic than Ellen.  She could benefit from having a few more words in her arsenal.  She’s definitely got “yogurt” down, “bah-bi” (for paci, or baby, or baby with a paci), and a few others, some of which are unintelligible, but clearly and consistently linked to a specific object to which she’s pointing.  She’s a nurturing type, as well as a seasoned shopper.  Here she is, working it. 

Grammy had neck surgery and has been wearing a collar since late August.  Strangely, Ellen’s neck began bothering her on the very same night in which Papa and a be-collared Grammy came for dinner.  This proved convenient.

Ultimately, Ellen's neck did not require surgery, since her symptoms abated quickly after Grammy and Papa's departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment