Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bunny Hop

Last night before bed I dutifully filled about 50 plastic eggs with jellybeans and various forms of chocolate.  I might have stretched my bountiful candy supply to occupy 75 plastic eggs, but that excess went into my mouth instead.  Besides some ham and potatoes today, my diet has been largely chocolate-based since Saturday.  There is small redemption in the carrots that Ellen left for the Easter bunny, which I had to nibble in order to make the bunny look appreciative of her hospitality.  So I haven’t been all bad.
The carrots were not only my one source of Easter nutrition, but they were also the ace in the hole for bunny believability.  I etched a few teeth marks in them (not easy with baby carrots – I’m reminded of Tom Hanks and the baby corn in “Big”), and it seems that teeth marks (even obviously human ones) are proof positive that the bunny was here, and was real.  I think Ellen may even have been a little freaked out when I pointed them out to her, since her eyes opened to the size of one of the plastic eggs. 
Other Easter highlights:
J  Ellen received two little trains in her basket, and exclaimed “how did the Easter bunny know that I like Thomas the Train?  I love Easter SO MUCH.”
J  We arrived at church 45 minutes early to assure that we could sit in the usual spot, which we did.  It does make for a long morning for the girls, but the state of affairs really never got worse than Ellen’s breaking into loud sobs during a quiet moment because “Dad wouldn’t let me give Cecilia an Easter hug.”  That and the near knocking over of the car seat from the pew into the main aisle are pretty much par for the Sunday morning course, so I’m giving us an A- for decorum.
J  Cecilia had a rough moment which involved my dad jokingly throwing a pillow at me and hitting C squarely in the face.  His attempts to get back into her good graces by throwing the pillow at his own face were unsuccessful (and actually more damaging), though that moment of self-inflicted grandpa degradation was enjoyed by the rest of the family.       
J  Easter egg hunts at both Nona and Grandpa’s, AND at Moddy and Boppa’s equal way too much candy at our house.  I had better buy a lot more carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment