Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Silver Lining

I have wanted a new living room sofa for a looong time, so yesterday’s potty accident during an afternoon catnap is proving to be serendipitous indeed.  (I should clarify that the potty perpetrator was Ellen, and not me, since I know my brother will be taking this opportunity to slip in a snide remark referring to the time that I was a couch potty perp.  In my defense, I was pregnant and watching “This Is Spinal Tap” at the time of the infraction.  And that is a VERY FUNNY movie).
I discovered yesterday’s accident in the worst way an accident can be discovered—that is, by sitting in it.  Since I leapt up pretty quickly and still had to change my jeans, I am declaring that our couch has reached Threat Level Yellow, meaning it has absorbed the minimum amount of urine required to justify replacement. 
I’ll keep you posted on the progress of Operation Couch Replacement.  Obviously right now it’s in the fledgling stages of my dreaming about a beautiful cozy sectional, with a chaise on one side, and the whole thing doused with three cans of Scotch Gard.

2 comments:

  1. This is probably good timing, since God willing, Jim and I will be taking back our loveseat in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good prediction sister.... seriously ;) But have you tried to cover the scent with Poof??? You could have a new marketing niche which may be rewarded by a lifetime supply of your favorite "my s*** don't stink" spray. Also, what's up with the "chaise"? Are you planning on purchasing imported French furniture? I bet you could find an equally awesome couch-side CHAIR at Nebraska Furniture Mart.... just saying ;)

    ReplyDelete