Thursday, July 28, 2011

Shorn

Last week, Ellen announced to me that she wanted short hair.  “Like Auntie,” she said.  I told her she needed to sit with that idea overnight, and if she still wanted short hair when she woke up in the morning, we would go to Kids Hair and tell them to chop it. 
In the morning, I asked her if she still wanted hair like Auntie’s, and she didn’t hesitate.  “YES!!” was the response. 
So we got dressed, and I told her that we needed to take one last picture of her long hair.  Here’s her pose:
As she sat in the chair at Kids Hair, eyes glued to the movie Cars, which was playing on every TV, Alicia her stylist worked her magic.  I was a little nervous that Ellen might really have misjudged her yearning for a new style once she actually saw her hair drop to the floor.  But when Alicia told her to look in the mirror and tell her if she thought it looked okay, Ellen’s reply was that it was not short enough.
When it reached the point just below her ears, we proclaimed it to be done.  It was utterly darling coming out of the salon, and continues to be so a week later. 


One unforeseen snag - now her bed head is much more dramatic than anything her pillow rendered while her hair was long.  “Mom!  I’ve got crazy hair!” she’ll yell with a huge grin.  I have to attack it with a lot of water, which I get from Addie’s disciplinary spray bottle (Addie has learned not to be nervous if a hairbrush accompanies the bottle). 


EXTREMELY MILD "crazy hair"

But I think short hair really suits her.  She looks like such a big kid.

Charlie likes short hair


No comments:

Post a Comment